Solstice of Heroes is a limited-time event that celebrates the achievements of Guardians in the fourth year of Destiny 2. Solstice of Heroes begins on July 6, 2021 and ends at the weekly reset on August 3, 2021.
To participate in the festivities, players must meet the following requirements
- Escape the Cosmodrome to unlock the Tower.
Once new players have met the above requirements, they can speak to Eva Levante in the Tower Courtyard to receive a quest and their first piece of Solstice armor.
Players who are new to Destiny 2 should also review our Destiny 2: New Player Guide.
European Aerial Zone
The European Aerial Zone, or EAZ for short, is a three-player matchmade activity that tasks players with navigating a floating island off the European Dead Zone to defeat bosses and loot caches for Solstice Packages and Solstice Key Fragments. The more bosses you defeat, the more caches you'll earn.
Solstice Key Fragments can be used to unlock Solstice Packages to earn armor, weapons, materials, Solstice gear, and rerolls of the new Compass Rose Shotgun.
Players may launch directly into the EAZ from the Tower Courtyard by interacting with the mission totem next to Eva Levante, or from the launch node in the Tower map view.
Use subclasses and weapon damage types corresponding to the daily featured element to defeat enemies and generate elemental orbs. Collect these orbs to become empowered and gain temporary bonuses and effects unique to each element. These bonus effects may be unavailable in certain pinnacle level activities.
During Prism elemental days the elemental empowerment gained from collecting elemental orbs will match your currently equipped subclass.
Solstice Armor Sets
Complete objectives to upgrade your Solstice armor sets through three tiers, with each tier unlocking new armor visuals and effects. Players can view their progress towards each armor set piece by hovering over the armor in their character view. Progress towards armor objectives is only made when the armor is equipped.
The objectives on the first two Solstice armor sets for each class can only be completed during Solstice of Heroes 2021, however players may complete their final Magnificent Solstice set objectives after the conclusion of the event.
As players complete their Solstice armor objectives, they will gain access to new Armor Accelerants from Eva. Armor Accelerants will increase the progress made towards future Solstice armor objectives for the duration of the event, allowing sets to be completed faster for subsequent characters of different classes. Currently active Armor Accelerants can be viewed in Eva's vendor screen.
Rewards from Eva Levante
Once players clear the European Aerial Zone for the first time they can meditate at the Statue of Heroes in the Tower Courtyard to receive the rest of their Renewed Solstice set. From this point players will also unlock the ability to purchase bounties, view Armor Accelerant progress, and claim any additional Solstice of Heroes rewards from Eva.
Solstice of Heroes Bounties
During Solstice of Heroes, Eva Levante offers Solstice Bounties which can reward players with XP, Bright Dust, Key Fragments, and Glimmer.
Eva Levante will also offer special rewards in honor of the Solstice festivities for the completion of event-specific Triumphs.
- Renewed Solstice armor displays the Season of the Splicer icon instead of the Solstice icon.
- The Light and Dark Weekly Solstice bounty for Gambit will only gain progress from elemental final blows on Guardians.
- The Prismatic Taken event UI may overlap other objective UI when players have multiple buffs active.
- Prismatic Orbs do not contribute to total Elemental Orbs collected by players.
- 2018 Solstice armor set glows may be less intense on certain portions of the armor.
- Pieces of the Filigree of Light Shell disappear when rotating the Ghost Shell in the inventory preview.
For the latest information on known issues discovered after Solstice of Heroes launches on July 6, 2021, players should look for our vital information thread in the #Help forum.
- Install Size: 67.0 GB
- Storage Space Needed for Installation: 67.0 GB
Xbox Series X|S
- Install Size: 70.0 GB
- Storage Space Needed for Installation: 70.0 GB
- Install Size: 70.78 GB
- Storage Space Needed for Installation: 70.78 GB
- Install Size: 65.7 GB
- Storage Space Needed: 65.7 GB
- Install Size: 69.7 GB
- Storage Space Needed: 69.7 GB
- Install size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible.