Beginning on September 22, 2020, at 10AM PDT, Destiny 2: Forsaken and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep will be available for Xbox Game Pass subscribers to download and play through Game Pass. Xbox Game Pass subscribers will continue to be able to access these Destiny 2 expansions as long as their Game Pass subscription is maintained.
For more information on Xbox's Game Pass, please click here.
For more information on downloading Destiny 2, please visit this page.
How to Add Expansions Through Game Pass
Players seeking to download Destiny 2: Forsaken and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep through Xbox Game Pass can do so in one of three ways.
- Navigating to the Destiny 2: Forsaken and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep store pages and selecting the "Install" option. (Players will still need to download the Destiny 2 base game separately if they have not done so already.)
- Browsing the collection of titles available in Game Pass. Destiny 2, Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep can all be found separately via browsing.
- Installing Destiny 2 via "My Games and Apps" on the Xbox console. The ‘Full Library’ option includes a section of all games included in Game Pass. This space will only contain the base game, as it is only populated by actual apps that can be launched from an Xbox. After installing Destiny 2 from here, players can acquire expansions from the options above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am a Game Pass subscriber and have access to Forsaken and Shadowkeep, but I can't share game content with other accounts on the system.
- Verify you have installed Forsaken and Shadowkeep to your system. Game content cannot be shared with other accounts until it has been installed. For more information on playing with multiple accounts, please visit our page on playing Destiny content on multiple consoles or accounts.
Q. Why is Shadowkeep asking me to pay when I am already a Game Pass subscriber?
- There are two Shadowkeep options available on the Microsoft Store. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep + Season includes Season of Arrivals, and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep does not include a season. Seasons are not included with a Game Pass subscription, so players will need to be sure they have selected Destiny 2: Shadowkeep to install the version that is part of Game Pass. Browsing all Game Pass titles can ensure the correct version is selected.
Q. Are Destiny 2 seasons included in Game Pass?
- Destiny 2 seasons are not included in a Game Pass subscription. Players can gain access to the current season by purchasing a season for Silver via the in-game Eververse Store.
Q. Why can I not open Destiny 2 after downloading Forsaken and Shadowkeep?
- The Destiny 2 base game still needs to be downloaded to the console.
Q. How can I receive assistance with issues relating to Game Pass?
- Please contact Xbox Support for issues regarding Game Pass.
Q. Why can I no longer access Forsaken or Shadowkeep content after it has already been downloaded?
Q. Are Destiny 2 expansions currently available on Xbox Game Pass for PC?
- We are working to bring Destiny 2 expansions to Xbox Game Pass for PC later in 2021.