As of August 23, 2022, Destiny 2 is now available through the Epic Games Store. New and returning players should see the guide below for information on how they can prepare for the updated Destiny 2 Epic Games Store experience.
Listed below are the system requirements for Destiny 2 on the Epic Games Store.
Epic Games Account Information
To play Destiny 2 on the Epic Games Store, players must start by creating their Epic Games account. Once an Epic Games account has been created, players may link it to their Bungie.net profile to gain access to the Bungie.net forums, special offers, and Destiny Companion features.
- New Players on the Epic Games Store: Players new to Epic Games may create an account by visiting the following page: Create an Epic Games Account
- Returning Players on the Epic Games Store: Returning players should log in to their existing Epic Games account by visiting the following page: Epic Games Login
- Linking to Bungie.net: Once players have created their Epic Games account, they should link it to an existing Bungie.net profile or create a new one.
- Epic Games Account Issues: Players who encounter issues with their Epic Games account should contact Epic Games Support by visiting the following page: Epic Games Support
- Account Security: After players have created their Epic Games account and linked it to their Bungie.net profile, they should visit our Account Security Guide for best practices in safeguarding their Destiny account.
Activating Cross Save
- Players who only want to play on the Epic Games Store don’t need to enable Cross Save.
- To add another platform account to Cross-Save, go to our Cross Save page, sign into your platform account, select the account that has your main characters on it, and press "Activate."
Destiny 2 add-ons cannot be shared or transferred between platforms, including between Destiny 2 on the Steam, Microsoft PC, and Epic Games Store PC platforms. For more information, please see our Cross Save FAQ.
Install the Epic Games Launcher and Destiny 2
Players should follow the instructions below to install the Epic Games Launcher and Destiny 2.
Installing the Epic Games Launcher
Once players have created their Epic Games account and are logged in, they must next download and install the Epic Games Launcher. The Epic Games Launcher is required to play Destiny 2 on the Epic Games Store.
Installing Destiny 2
Once the Epic Games Launcher has been downloaded and installed, players may access Destiny 2 through the Destiny 2 product page. Once any version of Destiny 2 is owned on the player’s account, it can then be installed from the player’s Epic Games Library. Players who encounter issues installing Destiny 2 on the Epic Games Store should visit Epic Games' Game Installation knowledgebase article.
Vital Information and Troubleshooting
Listed below is vital information that players should know when playing Destiny 2 on the Epic Games Store.
- Blank Bungie Names: Players with blank Bungie Names will not be able to log in to Destiny 2 on the Epic Games Store. For more information about Bungie Names, please visit our Bungie Name Guide.
- Third-Party Applications: Some features of third-party applications may not be compatible with Destiny 2 on PC. For more information, players should see: Destiny 2 PC and Third-Party Application Feature Compatibility
- Epic Games Support: Players who encounter an issue with their Epic Games account or the Epic Games Launcher should visit Epic Games Support.
- Destiny Services and BungieHelp: For the latest information on known issues or service outages as they occur, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter, or monitor our support feed on help.bungie.net.
- Low FPS during cinematics: Players who are experiencing low framerate during cinematics should ensure that their Epic Games Launcher is up-to-date. For instructions, please see Epic Games' Troubleshooting the Epic Games Launcher knowledgebase article.
- OS and Driver Updates: For the best experience, we recommend that players ensure that they have accepted all updates to their OS and drivers. If players believe they are encountering issues with Destiny 2 on PC, they should ensure that their PC software is up to date.
- Clearing Epic Games Launcher webcache: Players who encounter issues with the Epic Games Launcher or Destiny 2 should also try clearing their Epic Games Laucher webcache. For instructions, please see Epic Games' Troubleshooting the Epic Games Launcher knowledgebase article.
- Windows Defender: Destiny 2 players on PC may encounter an issue where Windows Defender incorrectly detects specific Destiny 2 files as infected with malware when performing a scan. Players who encounter this issue should update their virus definitions. For more information, please see our Windows Defender knowledge base article.
- CVARS Troubleshooting: When encountering configuration issues in Destiny 2, it is recommended that players delete their existing CVARS.xml file. This file can be found in: \Users\USER_NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\
When relaunched, Destiny 2 will generate a fresh CVARS.xml file. This will revert all custom player settings in Destiny 2 to their defaults. For more information, please see our CVARS knowledge base article.
- Destiny 2 PC Support Forums: Players who encounter issues while playing Destiny 2 on PC that are not resolved after troubleshooting should report them to the PC Support forums.