Players may encounter the CHICKEN error when they are having connection issues to Destiny 2.
Here are some steps players can take to try and resolve the issue:
- A wired connection is recommended to play Destiny. If the connection is being used for other things when playing Destiny, such as streaming, it's recommended to quit those programs.
- Clear the Console Cache or clear the download cache in the Steam launcher.
- Power cycling the main router/modem.
- Review our guide on improving latency and packet loss.
- Follow our Networking Troubleshooting Guide for best optimizing the connection to Destiny, and our Advanced Steps Networking Guide for possible router solutions, including information on UPnP, NAT, and Port Forwarding.
- This may be an internet service provider issue, so players may need to contact their provider about possible service interruptions.
- If players still encounter this issue after following the previous steps, please create a thread in our #Help Forum.