PLEASE NOTE: Players may need to inspect the manual for their router to proceed through these steps, as some settings pages may have alternate naming conventions per manufacturer.
- Connect your console directly to the router via Wired or Wi-Fi Connection.
- Note: attempting to connect to Destiny through a router connected to an alternate router may lead to increased issues. Please attempt to connect to the router connected to your modem for best results.
- From the router settings page, proceed from Home > Toolbox > Firewall.
- Create a new Firewall level within your Router settings.
- Players may wish to name this "Destiny 2".
- From the Router settings page, proceed from Home > Toolbox > Game & Application Sharing and configure the following settings:
- Enable UPnP.
- Disable "Extended Security".
- Disable any "Assigned Games & Applications" settings.
For players who continue to experience this issue, please post a report to the #Help forum. Make sure to include information concerning Router hardware, version numbers, and manufacturers.