For Destiny 2: Shadowkeep purchase options, please visit our purchase page.
- Purchasing Destiny 2: Shadowkeep does not require ownership of previous Destiny 2 content. For more information, please visit our Destiny 2: New Light article.
|Dive right into the world of Destiny with Destiny 2: New Light to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, to explore rich worlds with sweeping vistas and stunning visuals, and to earn an arsenal of powerful weapons and armor. Bring your personalized Guardian with you on any platform into a large variety of activities and modes - from cooperative quests, competitive modes, challenging endgame activities, and more.
Destiny 2: New Light is free for all players on every supported platform and will be released on Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
|Season Passes give players access to new content within a Destiny 2 season. Throughout a Season, players will gain access to a new story, tackle new challenges, complete new activities, and unlock new gear. For more information, view our Season Pass, Ranks and Artifacts article.|
- Install Size: 67.0 GB
- Storage Space Needed for Installation: 67.0 GB
Xbox Series X|S
- Install Size: 70.0 GB
- Storage Space Needed for Installation: 70.0 GB
- Install Size: 70.78 GB
- Storage Space Needed for Installation: 70.78 GB
- Install Size: 65.7 GB
- Storage Space Needed: 65.7 GB
- Install Size: 69.7 GB
- Storage Space Needed: 69.7 GB
- Install size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible.
Install and Update
Below are Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and Season of the Undying known issues. This is not a complete list, but a targeted list of specific issues.
Season of the Undying Top Issues and Vital Information
Last Updated: November 25, 2019
- Season Passes will be applied to the first account that signs in. If you plan to Cross Save but will use another character set, it's recommended to set up Cross Save before logging in. For more information, click here.
- Pulling Legendary armor from Collections will always give Armor 1.0.
- The Seasonal Artifact will always show a player’s own stats when inspecting another player.
- Mods only found on gear won’t be unlocked on accounts until they are reacquired.
- Forsaken subclasses are only available with a Forsaken or Shadowkeep license.
- When inspecting a Cross Saved player's friends list, players may see another player's gamertag from a different platform.
- Universal Ornaments will only appear on certain Legendary armor pieces called Armor 2.0. These armor pieces will show an Energy cost on them.
Top Issues Being Investigated
- The MIDA Multi-Tool catalyst won't drop if you win a competitive Crucible match at the Legend rank with clanmates and have the "Catalyst Seeker" clan rank bonus active.
- Unknown items are taking up Postmaster slots.
- Players whose Forsaken licenses did not transfer from Blizzard to Steam should retry PC Migration.
- Receiving "Problem Reading Game Content" errors after verifying the integrity of game files.
- We are investigating various issues reported by players in PC Migration. In the meantime, any player encountering issues should retry PC Migration here.
- Fireteam chat will not work when Steam is offline.
- All offline players in Clans will not display their name, but instead, will show Offline.
- If players create a Fireteam while Steam is down, other players will never be able to join them
- Some players who started D2 right before October 1 will still be at 0 Power when logging in. To resolve this, players will need to delete that character.
- Player’s Origin Story and Last Dance weapons may disappear when completing the Red War mission, “Journey.”
- Certain Achievements/Trophies can only be unlocked by owning Forsaken (e.g. a third subclass, reaching the Dreaming City, and 5000 triumph score).
- Only newly created Guardians can unlock the Show Me What You Got Achievement/Trophies
- Players who Cross Save to a platform where they do not own Forsaken may lose access to the exotic quest for Malfeasance when they defeat the Ascendant Primeval Servitor.
- The “complete ten legendary frames” steps for the Jötunn and Le Monarque Exotic quests is currently only counting curated weapon drops from Black Armory forges.
- Black Armory Keys cannot be used or deleted if the Mysterious Box quest has already been completed.
- If the Firewall quest step is dismantled after completing Eris' weekly bounty, players have to wait a week before they can obtain a new one.
- If the Luna’s Calling weekly quest is deleted before collecting rewards and the bounty is reclaimed, players will have to wait a week to complete it.
- In Redrix’s Broadsword quest step, The Constant, Crucible weekly and additional bounties will not count.
- Players may intermittently experience delayed loot drops and/or bounty progression.
- Completing Eris’ weekly bounty before certain quests are acquired will result in players having to wait a week to obtain another weekly bounty.
Triumphs and Seals
- Some triumphs will display a progress bar even though only one objective needs to be completed.
- The MMXIX Seal went away for players who met the requirements to obtain it.
- The Wisdom of the Witch Triumph progress won’t count because Pilgrimage patrols from Shuro Chi in the Dreaming City will not complete.
- The Show Your Manners Triumph is not rewarding the Ennead emblem as intended.
- The text for the Weekly Vanguard Strike Challenge is incorrect. Players should match the elemental singe to progress this Challenge.
- Titans in Momentum Control are unable to throw multiple hammers or shields during their Super.
- Certain warnings will appear for Nightfalls that require players to have certain mods equipped. These warnings don't account for teammates' loadouts.
- Transitioning between areas in the Pit of Heresy Dungeon may result in unintentional character death. This will not prevent players from completing flawless dungeon runs.
- The Tribute Hall cannot be opened for some players.