Players may occasionally receive the error message "Your permissions to access online multiplayer may have changed or your profile may have been signed in elsewhere." while playing or attempting to log into a Destiny game. Please see below for information on potential causes and troubleshooting steps.
Players may encounter this error due to some of the below scenarios:
- The account does not have an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription, or the subscription has expired
- The account has been signed into another console
- PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live may be undergoing maintenance or connection issues
- The consoles were recently switched between a wired or wireless connection without the console's network settings being updated to match the new connection type
Players that are encountering this error message frequently or are blocked from being able to play due to this error message may wish to try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Renew the account subscription if the account's PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription has expired
- Restore licenses if the PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live subscriptions are confirmed to still be active
- Clear the console cache to remove potentially corrupted temporary data that may be impacted the account's licenses
- Log out of the PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account on any alternative consoles
- Log out and sign back into the PlayStation Network or Xbox Live accounts on the target console
- Add additional security features to their accounts on alternative consoles to prevent unauthorized access
- Check PlayStation Support or Xbox Support for potential maintenance or service outages
If none of the above troubleshooting suggestions resolve the issue, please make a post on the #Help Forums.