Season Passes give players access to new content within a Destiny 2 Season. Throughout a Season, players will gain access to a new story, tackle new challenges, complete new activities, and unlock new gear.
In each Year of Destiny 2, some seasonal content will persist beyond its Season if player's own that Season’s Season Pass. Players who don’t own that Season’s Season Pass and would like to access this content must purchase or upgrade to the latest Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe Edition. This content will be available until the current Year ends.
PREVIOUS SEASON PASS REWARDS
Players have two Seasons to claim earned items from a Season Pass, including the Season it was active in. After a Season ends, players can claim the earned rewards found in that Season Pass on their Previous and Current Season Pass page. Players may need to click their platform ID and then click the platform ID again for it to load the page correctly. This page can also be found on the Destiny Companion App.
Players need to have earned the corresponding Season Pass rank when the Season was active in order to collect previous Season Pass rewards. Any earned Season Pass rewards older than two Seasons are unavailable to collect. Bungie does not grant previous uncollected Season Pass items. Players should ensure that they collect all available rewards prior to the Season Pass becoming unavailable to access.
Additionally, Bungie does not offer refunds or grants for Bright Engrams earned from the Season Pass.
- Logging into Destiny 2 on any platform will instantly unlock Season Passes acquired from a Destiny 2 expansion bundle, even if no characters have been created on that platform or account yet.
- If players want to use Cross Save, it should be fully activated before logging into Destiny 2 on a platform where Season Passes were purchased from an expansion bundle, otherwise, those Season Passes may become lost.
- Season Pass Premium Track rewards cannot be game shared and every player must purchase a Season Pass on their account to access that Season's seasonal content. Game sharing is a platform feature and is not officially supported by Bungie.
Starting with the release of Solstice 2022, live events will have an Event Card available for players to access. Event Cards are available for free to all players and can be accessed by interacting with Eva Levante in the Tower or via the Quests tab during live events.
Players can choose to upgrade their Event Card by purchasing an Event Card upgrade for 1,000 Silver. An upgraded Event Card contains extra Event Challenges that can be completed to earn extra event currencies, as well as Event Tickets. Event Tickets can be used to purchase additional cosmetic rewards that are only available from the upgraded Event Card.
Event Cards and their associated challenges, Tickets, and rewards can be accessed for the entire event before disappearing once their corresponding event ends. Event Card rewards will not be able to be claimed after the event ends.
- Purchasing an event card will instantly unlock the Event Card on a player's account.
- If players want to use Cross Save, it should be fully activated before logging into Destiny 2 on a platform where the Event Card was purchased, otherwise, that Event Card may become lost.
- Event Tickets that are not used by the end of the scheduled event will be lost and will not transfer to a future Event Card.
- Event Card rewards won't be acquirable after the event ends.
The Witch Queen Dungeon Key provides access to the new dungeons released in Season 17 and Season 19. The Dungeon Key is included in the Witch Queen Deluxe Edition and will unlock for those who own the standard version of the Witch Queen and upgrade to the Deluxe Edition.
The Dungeon Key can also be purchased separately in the Eververse store, from Hawthorne in the Tower, or from the specific dungeon node on the Destinations map for 2000 Silver.
Dungeon Keys are able to travel with a player's account across platforms through Cross Save.
To gain access to the Duality dungeon after receiving a Dungeon Key, speak to Hawthorne in the Tower, claim her quest, and launch into the dungeon from the Destinations map.
- Logging into Destiny 2 will instantly unlock Dungeon Keys acquired from a Destiny 2 expansion bundle, even if no characters have been created on that platform or account yet.
- If players want to use Cross Save, it should be fully activated before logging into Destiny 2 on a platform where the Dungeon Key was purchased from an expansion bundle, otherwise, that Dungeon Key may become lost.
- If a Destiny 2 expansion bundle was purchased on one platform, but a player is playing on another platform, they will need to log into the original platform to obtain their Dungeon Key.
- Dungeon Keys cannot be game shared and every player must purchase a Dungeon Key on their account to gain access to specific dungeons. Game sharing is a platform feature and is not officially supported by Bungie.
Destiny 2 Character Boost
- Only Purchasable After Hitting 1510 Power: The Destiny 2 Character Boost cannot be purchased until one character has reached Power level 1510 while progressing through Destiny 2.
- Purchased at Character Select: The Destiny 2 Character Boost is purchased using Silver at the Character Select screen. Players that do not have sufficient Silver to complete the purchase will be directed to the platform's marketplace to purchase additional Silver.
- Platform Availability: The Destiny 2 Character Boost is available for purchase in Destiny 2 on PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One and Series X|S, PC, and Stadia.
- Unlocking All Destinations: Using the Destiny 2 Character Boost automatically unlocks all destinations and makes them available to visit, except on destinations where players must first complete missions - completing these missions will then unlock the destination.
- Gear May Be Sent to Postmaster: Activating the Destiny 2 Character Boost will grant one character weapons and armor. If a character's inventory is full, these items will be sent to the Postmaster. Players are recommended to be aware of their Postmaster inventory before activating the Character Boost, as items can be pushed out of the Postmaster. Please visit our Inventory Management Guide for more information on the Postmaster system.
- Activated Immediately: When purchasing a new Character Boost, the Destiny 2 Character Boost will be immediately activated on the selected character and cannot be removed. Players should ensure they have the intended character selected before activating or purchasing a Destiny 2 Character Boost.
- Cannot be Refunded: All purchases and activations of the Destiny 2 Character Boost are final and cannot be refunded or removed by Bungie. Players that attempt to receive a refund for a Character Boost from their platform marketplace may see a negative Silver balance on their account. For more information, please see the Destiny Silver Purchases Guide.
- Deleting Boosted Characters: As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from Character deletions, including any purchased Character Boosts that were activated on a Character that was later deleted.
Destiny 1 Class Pack Add-Ons
- Platform Availability: The Level 40 Class Packs are only available for Destiny 1 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Spark of Light: Each Class Pack contains one Spark of Light which can be used to bring the active Character to the advertised Level when activated. The Spark of Light cannot be used on a Character that is already at or above the advertised Level, but it can be used on a Character that is already partially or mostly leveled. Please ensure that the intended Character is the active Character before consuming the Spark of Light.
- Subclass Boost: Each Class Pack contains one Subclass Boost which will max out the currently equipped Subclass on the active Character when activated. The Subclass Boost cannot be used on a Subclass that has already been completed, but it can be used on a subclass that is partially or mostly completed. Please ensure that the intended Subclass is equipped and that the intended Character is the active Character before activating the Subclass Boost.
- Postmaster Inventory: The Class Pack will be delivered to the Postmaster of the first Character that logs in after purchase of the Add-On. If the Character Inventory is full when opening the Class Pack, overflow items will be sent to the Postmaster. The Postmaster can only hold a limited number of items and items may be cycled out of the Postmaster Inventory if that limit is reached. Additionally, any items currently in the Postmaster Inventory will be lost if the Character is deleted. It is highly recommended to always retrieve items from the Postmaster as soon as possible to avoid losing items. As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from the Postmaster.
- Deleted Characters: All items in the Character Inventory of a deleted Character will be lost. Please ensure that any Class Pack items have been transferred to another Character or the Vault before deletion. As part of the Deleted Character and Item Policy, Bungie does not replace or recover items lost from Character deletions.
- One Class Pack Per Account: Players may only purchase one copy of each Class Pack per Destiny account. For example, a player on a single Destiny account cannot purchase two Level 40 Hunter Packs, but they would be able to purchase a Level 40 Warlock Pack and a Level 40 Hunter Pack.
- Wait Up to 30 Seconds: Allow for up to 30 seconds to pass to see if the Season Pass, Dungeon Key, or Add-On content is added to the account.
- Re-launch Destiny: If the Season Pass, Dungeon Key, or Add-On content is not added to the account after the time has passed, log out of Destiny and then log back into all Characters to check their Character Inventories and Postmaster Inventories.
- Sign Out of Platform Account: If the Season Pass, Dungeon Key, or Add-On content is not present on any Character, please close Destiny and completely sign out of the platform account. It may also be advisable to clear the cache on consoles or to restart the Destiny 2 launcher on PC. After logging back into Destiny, please log back into all Characters to check their Character Inventories and Postmaster Inventories.
If players are game sharing, only the purchasing account will receive Season Passes and Dungeon Keys, which can’t be shared with any other account. Click here for more information about sharing content.
Managing Game Add-Ons
XBOXPlayers should look at their order history to confirm that their transaction was successful. If it wasn’t, they should contact Xbox Support for transaction assistance.
For players who purchased an expansion successfully but still can’t access it or other items, they may need to manually reinstall all add-ons:
- Highlight Destiny 2 on the home screen
- Press the Menu button on the controller
- Select "Manage game and add-ons"
- Press the Menu button
- Select "Manage installation"
- Manually reinstall all add-ons
PLAYSTATION 4Players having issues with their add-ons should restore their Destiny licenses. If players still experience issues, they should contact PlayStation Support to verify their purchase.
- Go to the Library and down to Games
- Select Destiny 2
- Scroll down and select PlayStation Store
- Select the download button to install any add-ons that aren't installed
- Highlight Destiny 2 on the home screen
- Press the Options button on the controller
- Select "Manage Game Content"
- Select the download button to install any add-ons that aren't installed
STEAMPlayers on Steam should:
- Go to their “Library”
- Right-click on Destiny 2
- Click “Properties"
- Click the “DLC” tab
- Make sure that all appropriate DLC is installed
STADIAPlayers having issues with their Destiny content should contact Stadia Support for assistance.