- On December 8, 2021, Destiny 2 and its expansions (Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light) left Xbox Game Pass on console and cloud.
- On April 11, 2022, Destiny 2 and its expansions (Forsaken Pack, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light) will leave Xbox Game Pass for PC.
Xbox's Game Pass Info. Xbox Game Pass for PC Info.
For more information on downloading Destiny 2, please visit this page.
How to Add Expansions Through Game Pass
- Navigating to the Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep store pages and selecting the "Install" option.
- Browsing the collection of titles available in Game Pass. Destiny 2, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Destiny 2: Shadowkeep can all be found separately via browsing.
- Installing Destiny 2 via "My Games and Apps" on the Xbox console. The ‘Full Library’ option includes a section of all games included in Game Pass. This space will only contain the base game, as it is only populated by actual apps that can be launched from an Xbox. After installing Destiny 2 from here, players can acquire expansions from the options above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Verify you have installed the expansions to your system. Game content cannot be shared with other accounts until it has been installed. For more information on playing with multiple accounts, please visit our page on playing Destiny content on multiple consoles or accounts.
There are different expansion options available on the Microsoft Store. Some Destiny 2 expansions don't include a Season Pass. Seasons are not included with a Game Pass subscription, so players will need to be sure they have selected the Destiny 2 expansion to install the version that is part of Game Pass. Browsing all Game Pass titles can ensure the correct version is selected.
Destiny 2 seasons are not included in a Game Pass subscription. Players can gain access to the current season by purchasing a Season Pass for Silver via the in-game "Season" menu.
The Destiny 2 base game still needs to be downloaded to the console.
Please contact Xbox Support for issues regarding Game Pass.