Creating Your Account
Once players have set up their Microsoft Account, they can link it to their Bungie.net account to enable Cross Save, allowing players to take their main Destiny 2 characters to any platform available.
Activating Cross Save
- Players who only want to play on the Microsoft Store for PC and Xbox platforms don’t need to enable Cross Save since they will use the same Microsoft Account.
- To add another platform account to Cross-Save, go to our Cross Save page, sign into your platform account, select the account that has your main characters on it, and press "Activate."
Destiny 2 add-ons cannot be shared or transferred between platforms, including between Destiny 2 on the Microsoft Store and Xbox consoles. For more information, please see our Cross Save FAQ.
Silver will be shared across Microsoft Accounts on any Microsoft platform: Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, the Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app for PC.
Installing & Accessing Destiny 2
Installing Destiny 2
Accessing Destiny 2
*Seasonal content is only available for a limited time.
**Certain Raids are only available with the purchase of specific Destiny 2 expansions.
Vital Information & Troubleshooting
- View Known Issues found in Destiny 2
- Silver will be shared across Microsoft Accounts on any Microsoft platform: Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, the Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app for PC.
- If Silver is purchased in a platform store that a Microsoft Account isn't signed in to, the Microsoft Account will have to sign into that platform to receive that Silver.
- If Silver is purchased outside of the game while the game is running, the amount may take several minutes to appear in game. You can force your Silver balance to refresh either by selecting the “Buy Silver” option in the in-game Store tab, or by restarting the game.
- BattlEye Anti-Cheat will be automatically installed when downloading Destiny 2 and will run in the background whenever Destiny 2 launches.
- When a new Destiny 2 update is available, players may receive the "Destiny Servers are not available" message when signing in if they haven't installed the update. To check for updates,
- Go into the Microsoft Store app, press the ". . ." button next to your profile icon, press "Downloads and updates," and then press the "Get updates" button.
- Go into the Xbox PC app, click the "My Collection" button in the top left, then "Manage Installs" in the top-right. You will then see a list of all installed Xbox games, what updates are available, and the option to turn on automatic updates (we recommend you turn this on). Updating the title from here will bring you in sync and allow you to connect to the game servers.
- On Xbox Game Bar versions prior to 5.721.8052.0, if a player sends an invite to another player who isn't playing Destiny 2 and they accept the invite, the game will fail to launch and show a Microsoft Store error message. If the game is launched after the error is displayed, players will join into the invited session without issue.
- If a player is signed into a different Microsoft Account in the Microsoft Store than the Microsoft Account that is signed into the Xbox app, they will not be able to spend their Silver balance or make any real money purchases of Silver or Add-Ons from Eververse until they log in with the same account on both applications and restart the game. It is a requirement that the account logged into both the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app matches in order to spend Silver, buy Silver, or purchase Add-Ons.