Private Matches allow players to host their own lobby to play Gambit. The Fireteam leader who creates this lobby will be able to choose from a series of options to assemble a match with friends and clanmates.
To create a Gambit Private Match lobby, the Fireteam leader must open the Director, select Gambit, then select the Private Match node. This will then allow the Fireteam leader to select their desired match settings under the "Game Options" menu. Players who wish to join an existing Private Match must join the Fireteam of another player who is currently in a Private Match lobby.
"Game Options" is where the leader of the Private Match lobby decides the settings that will be enabled for their Private Match. Options that may be selected are:
- This selector determines which mode will be played during the Private Match.
- This selector determines which arena the Private Match will be held in.
- This selector determines at which version of each combatant race that players will fight.
- This selector determines the number of mote deposits required to summon a Primeval.
- This selector determines whether invasions are Power Enabled, as well as whether or not invading players are indicated by their nameplate.
Once all desired Game Options have been selected, the lobby Fireteam Leader must press Launch to begin the Private Match.
In Private Matches, players have the ability to freely switch between Alpha and Bravo Team. This can be done while in Orbit prior to launching a Private Match, or while the player is alive after a Private Match has started. To switch teams, perform the following:
To switch teams in Orbit:
- On PlayStation consoles, press: L1/R1
- On Xbox consoles, press: LB/RB
- On PC, press: A/D
- Note that custom Key Mapping does not affect this input on PC.
To switch teams in-game:
- On PlayStation and Xbox consoles: Press and hold down on the D-pad while in Nav Mode (when Ghost is out)
- On PC: Press and hold the down arrow key while in Nav Mode (when Ghost is out)
Custom Key Mapping WILL affect this input on PC, and players can create a state where there is no button prompt to switch teams in-game. Players who enter this state should restore their default Key Mapping in the Settings menu.
In Private Matches, players may switch between the Team and Fireteam Voice Channels. The Team Voice Channel will only allow players to communicate with other players in their immediate team (ex: Alpha Team). The Fireteam Voice Channel will enable every player in a Private Match lobby to communicate directly.
In Orbit, Voice Channels are disabled, and every player in the Private Match lobby can speak freely. Once the Private Match has been launched, each team will be defaulted to the Team Voice Channels.
Regardless of which Voice Channel is selected, players cannot communicate with other players in their lobby who are not in the same Voice Channel. For example: A teammate in the Fireteam Voice Channel cannot communicate with team members who have only opted to be in the Team Voice Channel, and vice versa.
To change Voice Channel while in a Private Match:
- On PlayStation and Xbox consoles: Press left or right on the D-Pad while in Nav Mode (when Ghost is out)
- On PC: Press the left and right arrow keys while in Nav Mode (when Ghost is out)
Custom Key Mappings WILL affect this input on PC, and players can create a state where there is no button prompt to switch Voice Channels in-game. Players who enter this state should restore their default Key Mapping in the Settings menu.