Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on our News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
In the pursuit of an even playing field for all players, we have updated Iron Banner bounties so that they will be capped at the season's Power Level cap that they were acquired in.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Reach Lord Shaxx in the New Light quest.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard.
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins will award more tokens than losses.
- Weekly Bounties: Player may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Weekly Iron Banner bounties. These can be completed on each character throughout an Iron Banner event.
- Iron Banner Emblems: Players may earn an Iron Banner emblem by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event.
- Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Artifact Power is not enabled for Iron Banner, and will not grant a Power advantage.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Iron Banner Engram Preview: Players who preview the contents of an Iron Banner engram will see the previous season's armor set. We're currently investigating this issue.
- Event Conclusion: At the end of an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner bounties will expire. Players can keep these in their inventory until the next Season where they will be removed. Players who choose to not turn in their Iron Banner tokens to Lord Saladin will be able to keep their tokens for the next Iron Banner event.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again. After the Iron Banner event concludes, players may still be able to launch into a Tower that still shows Iron Banner decorations, but Lord Saladin will no longer appear until the next Iron Banner.