To help ensure that every player will have a fair shot at fun and glory in Destiny 2 on PC, we resist attempts by third-party applications to insert code into the game client. This may result in incompatibility between Destiny 2 PC and the features of common third-party applications.
Account Bans and Restrictions
Running third-party PC applications that are incompatible with Destiny 2 on PC may impact game performance or prevent the game from running properly. Bungie will not ban or restrict players for using common third-party applications such as Discord, XSplit, OBS, RTSS or other apps as outlined below. However, Bungie reserves the right to ban or restrict players that are using third-party applications to violate our Code of Conduct or the license agreement that governs Destiny as outlined in the Destiny Account Ban and Restrictions Policies. Bans and restriction are not applied automatically. Bungie reviews all possible violations before applying a ban or restriction to an account or device.
Listed below are example application features which may not be compatible with Destiny 2. These include, but are not limited to, the examples outlined below.
Streaming and Game Capture
The following are examples of streaming applications which have features that are not compatible with Destiny 2.
- To capture while playing in Exclusive Fullscreen:
- Hardware capture through methods such as Elgato, AVerMedia, or a dedicated streaming PC is supported.
- NVIDIA Shadowplay and AMD ReLive are supported.
- To capture while playing in Windowed Mode (including Borderless Fullscreen):
- OBS and XSplit Screen Capture mode is supported.
- OBS and XSplit Window Capture mode is supported.
- The Windows Game Bar onscreen overlay is not compatible while playing in Exclusive Fullscreen, but is functional in Windowed Fullscreen and other Windowed Modes.
- Gameplay recording via Game DVR is supported in all display modes using hotkeys, or using the Game Bar when available.
Other recording applications, such as Dxtory, Razer Cortex, Fraps have similar restrictions to those outlined above.
Some features from third-party applications which rely on the use of screen overlays are generally not compatible with Destiny 2. The following are examples of features which may not be compatible with Destiny 2 on PC.
The above listed application features are examples of features that are known to be incompatible with Destiny 2 on PC. The examples listed on this page are not all encompassing, and players may encounter issues with the features of other applications that rely on code being inserted into the game client. Players are to run these applications' features at their discretion while running Destiny 2.
Third-party applications which repeatedly attempt to insert code into the Destiny 2 PC client may potentially impact game performance. If players experience decreased performance when running certain applications alongside Destiny 2, their first step should be to ensure that any features of third-party applications which could potentially be attempting to insert code into Destiny 2 are disabled. If disabling such features does not resolve the performance impact, players may wish to try closing the third-party application.