Occasionally, Destiny services may be brought offline to undergo scheduled or emergency maintenance, or to update the game to address gameplay issues or add in-game features. Please see below for information on upcoming Server Maintenance or Destiny Updates.
Server Maintenance and Update Status
Below is information on upcoming server maintenance periods or updates to a Destiny release:
Monday, January 23, 2023
|10:00 AM PST||-8 UTC||
|2:00 PM PST||-8 UTC||
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
|8:00 AM PST||-8 UTC||
|8:45 AM PST||-8 UTC||
|9:00 AM PST||-8 UTC||
|10:00 AM PST||-8 UTC||
Below is information on Destiny Updates or Server Maintenance that players may find helpful:
- Destiny Companion : Sign-in functionality and other Destiny Companion services on the Mobile App, Bungie.net, and third-party sites may be restricted or unavailable during Destiny Server maintenance periods.
- BungieHelp Twitter : On days in which Destiny is receiving an Update or Server Maintenance, players can follow @BungieHelp on Twitter for updates on the process and timeline for the server maintenance or update deployment.
- Interrupting Downloads : Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading a Destiny update. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more. For more information, please see our Updating Destiny Guide.
- Error Code Cat : During maintenance windows, players may be returned to the title screen with Error Code CAT. These players should ensure they are taking the latest update before they resume playing.
- Connectivity Issues : Players encountering connectivity issues after maintenance has concluded, or that are unable to log in to Destiny when there is no planned maintenance impacting Destiny services, may need to attempt basic connectivity troubleshooting such as clearing their console cache, power cycling their network hardware, or reading through the Network Troubleshooting Guide.
- Update Availability: If the most recent update is not available for download, players may be required to fully turn off their console and sign in once more for the update to become available.
- Maintenance Notification : Players signed in shortly before maintenance will receive notice via in-game messaging that a maintenance will be starting soon.
- Error Code Sheep : Players may encounter the SHEEP error code when they attempt to join a Fireteam in which any member has not updated to the latest version of Destiny. To resolve this issue, please have all players close Destiny and install the latest update.
- Manually Checking for Updates : For consoles that are taking an abnormally long time to begin the update process, players can attempt to manually start the update process by using the consoles "Check for Update" option. Additionally, players may want to clear the console cache if their console still does not recognize an update is available. For more information, please see our Updating Destiny Guide.
- Updating Destiny on PC : Players who encounter issues installing Destiny 2 on Steam should visit Valves Update & Installation Issues knowledgebase article.
- Destiny 1 Legacy Support : Destiny 1 will no longer receive planned game updates or content. Destiny 1 content through Destiny: Rise of Iron Update 126.96.36.199 will continue to be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Consoles. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles will continue to have Destiny: The Taken King content through Update 2.3.1 available. For more information, please see the Legacy Support Guide for Destiny 1.
- Update Notes : Full notes for each new update and for previous updates can be viewed on the Game Updates pages.
- Hard Drive Requirements : Players should ensure they have the proper amount of console storage space available to complete the full installation process. For more information, please see the Console Storage Space guide.
- Update Name : Some consoles may display a different name for the update than the one listed above.